I was fortunate to be in Queenstown, New Zealand a few weeks ago for a conference and took this snapshot one evening with my Samsung phone.
This area of New Zealand has such beautiful scenery and it was nice to be back there. I worked around Queenstown and Wanaka in the late 80’s.
I am very pleased to announce the release of “The Indie Author’s Guide to Publishing Ebooks, 2nd Edition“.
It also reveals my new strategy, or recommended path, for creating ePub and Mobi formats as easily and painlessly as possible!The first edition was released in December 2011 and has helped many writers to self-publish their own ebooks.
The second edition brings this helpful guide up-to-date, reflecting important changes in the industry such as the new indie publisher portals for Barnes & Noble and Kobo.
For further details please go here.
In case you hadn’t realised I have been using this blog for major announcements and updates, usually several each year. Here are the web sites and blogs where I anticipate being more active throughout this year.
- Publish Your Own Ebooks – my blog for indie authors wanting to learn all about digital publishing and how to publish an ebook. I will be posting less this year as I want to put more of my posts on this topic at IndiePublishing.org
- Indie Publishing – This is my new blog which I see overtaking my efforts at PublishYourOwnEbooks.com. Instead of focussing mainly on e-publishing I will be writing for a wider self-publishing audience including material related to print books and audio books.
- Platform Pundit – This is my blog for those wanting to build their platform and brand – not only authors but writers and speakers and anyone else looking to reach a wider audience.
I welcome you to drop by these blogs, enjoy the posts, and interact via comments.
As 2013 gets under way I have been refocusing my efforts and objectives for this year and this affects my social media accounts.
This year on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook I plan to engage on a (slightly) broader range of topics than ebook publishing. If you follow me on these social media networks you can expect more information on self-publishing in general (books too, not only ebooks) book marketing, and how authors can leverage social media to build their platform. To reflect this:
- My main Twitter ID has been renamed from @PYOEbooks to @GaryJMcLaren
If you were already following me, don’t worry, the change is automatic and you don’t have to do anything.
- I will now be publishing at Google Plus mainly through my personal Google+ profile rather than the dedicated G+ page for PYOEbooks.
I invite you to come and join me on these social networks!