I was fortunate to be in Queenstown, New Zealand a few weeks ago for a conference and took this snapshot one evening with my Samsung phone.
This area of New Zealand has such beautiful scenery and it was nice to be back there. I worked around Queenstown and Wanaka in the late 80′s.
In case you hadn’t realised I have been using this blog for major announcements and updates, usually several each year. Here are the web sites and blogs where I anticipate being more active throughout this year.
- Publish Your Own Ebooks – my blog for indie authors wanting to learn all about digital publishing and how to publish an ebook. I will be posting less this year as I want to put more of my posts on this topic at IndiePublishing.org
- Indie Publishing – This is my new blog which I see overtaking my efforts at PublishYourOwnEbooks.com. Instead of focussing mainly on e-publishing I will be writing for a wider self-publishing audience including material related to print books and audio books.
- Platform Pundit – This is my blog for those wanting to build their platform and brand – not only authors but writers and speakers and anyone else looking to reach a wider audience.
I welcome you to drop by these blogs, enjoy the posts, and interact via comments.
As 2013 gets under way I have been refocusing my efforts and objectives for this year and this affects my social media accounts.
This year on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook I plan to engage on a (slightly) broader range of topics than ebook publishing. If you follow me on these social media networks you can expect more information on self-publishing in general (books too, not only ebooks) book marketing, and how authors can leverage social media to build their platform. To reflect this:
- My main Twitter ID has been renamed from @PYOEbooks to @GaryJMcLaren
If you were already following me, don’t worry, the change is automatic and you don’t have to do anything.
- I will now be publishing at Google Plus mainly through my personal Google+ profile rather than the dedicated G+ page for PYOEbooks.
I invite you to come and join me on these social networks!
A while ago I compiled a short reference tool, “A Glossary of Ebook Publishing Terms” for readers of my book “The Indie Author’s Guide to Publishing Ebooks“ .
This glossary is now available as a free download for all subscribers to my newsletter at the Publish Your Own Ebooks blog.
I have updated my Ebook Publishing Quick Reference Card (PDF) over at PublishYourOwnEbooks.com
This is an excellent resource for indie authors and ebook publishers who would like to be able to see at a glance:
- The Main Ebook Formats
- The Major Ebook Stores
- Ebook Royalties Chart for Each Store
- Ebook Aggregator Comparison Chart (including 6 major aggregators)
- Ebook Revenue Chart (2002 – 2011)
- Ebook Market Share of Major Ebook Stores (USA)
- Book Awards for Indie Authors
- Top Twitter Hashtags for Ebook Authors
- A List of Free Software Applications for Ebook Authors & Publishers
- A Glossary of 26 Ebook Publishing Terms
- and more!
The data has been arranged into a compact 4-page PDF. You can print it out and laminate it if you want but it’s probably better to keep it on your computer desktop for quick access to all of the the online resources.
I’m running a giveaway until March 15th. Come and participate (it’ll only cost you a tweet or link etc.) to get a free copy of the this.
Welcome to my new blog. I’ve owned and managed web sites for many years but this is the first time I have put up an official “author’s blog”. I’ll do my best to keep you updated about my latest books and other projects. Thanks for stopping by!